Anxiety on the day of Math exam is a common sight, since the subject is a trouble shooter for many students with its overwhelming formulas, equations and calculations. Tough Math exams can be an easy sweep, if you follow these strategies.
- Repeat your practice: Practice is the essence of successful Math. First time, you err. Second time, you try. Third time, you win. For this, you should give up procrastination and start from day 1 of your Math prep.
- Practice questions of various levels of difficulty: Math always tests your critical thinking, logic and analytical abilities. Math teachers like to test your ability to face challenges. Be ready for it.Practice different types of questions in different order. It gives a tough mind to fight out the challenges in exam paper.
- Read the question carefully: Reading the question in a hurry and missing its essential parts is a very common mistake done by Math students. Take time to read the question and answer all its parts. It helps understand the question and take the right lead for the question.
- Have a rough estimation of the answer: On reading the question, make a rough idea about the number you can get as the answer. Check whether your estimation goes right with your procedure.
- Show all your work in the exam paper: Even if your final answer is wrong, you will get partial scores if your work is shown on the paper. Same way, do not erase your work on the paper even when you understand that your answer is wrong. On seeing the efforts put in, the examiner may give you partial grade for your work.
- Do the sums legibly and clearly: Make your answers legible and clear so as to help the examiner follow your answers and methods. It gives out a good impression as well.
- Revise your paper: Check whether you have answered all the questions, that too, in all its parts. Redo the sums, if possible, on a rough paper and check your calculations.
Many more strategies are available from the experienced online Math tutors of EduNiche for your help and success.