Math is all around us. Still, kids dread Math from their early days of education and need some support to do it with confidence and cheers. Parents can help their kids do Math well with the following tips
- Make Math all around home: Whatever you do at home, involve some kind of Math activity like counting clothes or chairs. You can have games, quizzes, crafts and puzzles that make Math fun for your kid.
- Appreciate every little effort: When your kid does a new topic in Math and is able to arrive at answers, applaud her and surprise her with a gift, hang out or a party. Every new effort should be gifted to promote positive vibes in your kid about Math and it will lead to great Math skills in future.
- Sit with the kid during homework: When the child attempts new topics like Algebra or Geometry, help her in the first few problems and make it easy for her with your guidance. Do not discourage her for her little faults but tell her that errors in Math make her learn more Math.
- Use flash cards to make her learn the basic concepts: Help your kid learn basic concepts in Math with flash cards, drawings and other such devices. Visual understanding of the concepts helps her learn with real understanding and grasp the concepts quickly. You can use manipulative also to help learn the basic concepts.
- Teach them the value of mental sums: Mental sums are a great mental exercise and they help a kid in calculation while doing complex sums in future. Make sure that your kid knows when to use mental sums and it also keeps up her retention powers.
- Make homework hours regular: Math skills are mostly dependent on homework reviews and regular homework hours. Stipule specific hours for Math homework and see to it that your kid does not skip Math homework.
- Find out whether your child has some learning disorder in counting, reading the word problem, visualizing the problem .Take necessary steps to overcome any such issue.
- Seek outside help if necessary: Math online tutoring is the best bet for tackling your kid’s Math issues. Accessing any such help would lower your tension and help your kid ease into Math activities with renewed skills and energy. Online Math tutor helps your kid do Math without struggle via personalized classes.
It is basically your kid’s ideas about Math that should be molded in a positive frame to help her achieve in Math. Make it possible with the above mentioned tips.