Students find SAT Math tricky and mind boggling. They get tenser as the test day nears and lose scores out of panic. Here are 10 prudent strategies that make SAT Math a cake walk for the test takers.
- Memorize Algebra and Geometry formulas: you can compose even a song for them and memorize Algebra and Geometry formulas. It saves time as the formulas come to your mind quickly without wastage of time during the test.
- Practice different methods for solving a problem: It adds to your efficiency in problem solving and improves your strategies as well. You gain the confidence to tackle the challenges on the paper without losing hope and time.
- Plug in numbers for variables: When you have complicated problems related to variables, plug in numbers and solve the sums, instead of trying the formulas for variables. Your answers are right most of the time and you are able to move on to the next question without struggle.
- Estimate the correct answer: Round off the numbers and see what answers come close to them. You can eliminate those numbers which do not fit in with your estimation.
- Eliminate the wrong answers: By eliminating the wrong answers in the multiple choice questions, you can have more access to the right answer.
- Use your test booklet as your scratch pad: Show your calculations, eliminate answers and write the formulas which you will use for problems on the margin. It helps you during checking the answers (if time permits you to do so).
- Draw diagrams: Decipher the question by drawing diagrams or by putting the question in your words for better understanding.
- Be familiar with your calculator: Be thorough with the features of your calculator and the best way of using them. It comes in handy in crucial last minutes.
- Manage time prudently: Don’t get stuck with a single question. Move on with a composed mind to cover maximum questions with right answers.
- Beware of standard traps: Examiners trap you with additional information and seemingly right answers. Beware of such traps and come out of them. By contacting online SAT Math tutors, you can have a knowledge of such standard traps.
Practice is the essence of success for SAT Math. SAT Math help from accredited tutors makes SAT prep easy for students as it gives them an edge over others in the exam.